The perfect property sometimes comes with, what can we say, less than perfect neighbours or surroundings:
- You may be overlooked from a neighbouring house or unsightly building
- Your views take in pylons, telegraph poles, aerial masts or similar
- You are next door to untidy farm buildings
- A busy road runs right by your house
- You are close to an industrial unit or similar eyesore.
Until recently, you were stuck with the problem, having to plant as tall a tree as you could find and then waiting 5-10 years for that tree to have any sort of screening effect.
With this in mind, we provide a tremendous variety of trees specially grown for high screening situations and projects. You can now buy these trees from our stock, in sizes ranging from 3 metres up to 12 metres in height. Not only do you instantly screen those ugly views, but you have the joy of looking out onto a semi-mature tree which adds enormously to the interest in your garden.
These outstanding specimens are cultivated with the clear purpose of being successfully transplanted to give consistent, prolific growth. This is achieved by a regimen of root and crown pruning and topping over many years, which creates a fuller foliage coverage produced on dense branch structures. In addition to providing an immediate high screen, these trees also dampen noise.
We will help find the species that works best for your situation and is comfortable with the aspect, soil and other conditions in your location.
High screen solutions available
Heights from 3 to 12 metres
- Beech / Fagus sylvatica
- Hornbeam / Carpinus betulus
- Purple beech / Fagus sylvatica ‘Purpurea’
- White cedar / Thuja occidentalis
- Western red cedar / Thuja plicata
- Yew / Taxus baccata
- Laurel / Prunus laurocersus
- Portuguese laurel / Prunus lusitanica
- Evergreen oak / Quercus Ilex
- Holly / Ilex aquifolium
See examples of our privacy screening
Read our latest case studies on how instant hedge screening has provided privacy for our customers.